As we get closer and closer to St. Patrick's Day, the search for fun yet health-conscious spins on traditional celebrations is in full swing. While the 'something green' requirement is typically demonstrated through clothing and accessories, this year, we're urging you to take your interpretation a step further. With the popular trend of themed parties for any occasion on the rise, we want you to think bigger as you plan your St. Patrick's Day festivities; in a way that centers your guests' health and wellbeing- of course.
Swap the cute but boring cookies you know no one will touch anyway for something delicious, comforting, and most importantly, nutrient-rich. Instead of leaving the dinner table uncomfortably stuffed on their way to a shameful guilt trip, our Potato Leek Soup recipe will have your friends and family wrapping up this festive meal re-energized and eager to keep the party going.
In 2024, we're all about enhancing our health and wellness in both our social plans and our culinary delights. So why not incorporate 'something green' into your dinner menu? Read on to get the details for this refreshing twist on tradition that's equally as satisfying as it is nourishing.
Something Green Leek And Potato Soup Recipe
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 full dropper of Ladykind's Rise Up Daily Mind-Clearing Tincture
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large pot, sauté the onions and leeks until softened.
- Add the garlic and potatoes, stirring for a few minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the milk & Ladykind tincture, season with salt and pepper, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
For a little extra goodness, pair this soup with a freshly baked roll of Irish Soda Bread and top off the healthy feast with this mouth-watering, Baileys-infused chocolate mousse for dessert. Enjoy now and thank us later!
Let us know in the comments below how incorporating Something Green into your dinner table with this nutritious Potato Leek Soup elevated your St. Patrick's Day dinner party.