Cinco de Mayo celebrates the day the Mexican army claimed victory over France, otherwise known as the Battle of Puebla. Oh, and when we say "celebrate," we really mean that. Today, Cinco de Mayo is known as a staple party date across national societies worldwide.
With that said, this year it falls on a Friday. This Friday, to be exact, so you're even more likely to have plans in place. Whether you're hosting or expected to bring something to your destination, consider trying Ladykind's CBD Margarita Mocktail recipe for a new fan favorite and summer weekend refresher.
Post-pandemic party trends say people are into exploring healthier alternatives to alcohol now for social events. Whether you're the designated driver, looking to evolve your relationship with alcohol, or somewhere in between, CBD is an accessible option that provides not only an elevated state of mind, but regulation to your body's hormones and nervous system at the same time. It's a safe, effective, all-natural alternative way to define what celebration looks like that doesn't come with a crashing "come down" or dragging hangover the next morning.
- Lemon juice
- Lime juice
- Agave nectar
- Ladykind's Rise Up Daily Mind Clearing Tincture
- Sparkling water (Topo Chico brand preferred)
- Coarse salt
How to make it:
- Pour an even layer of coarse salt onto the center of a small plate
- Rim glasses first with a lime wedge, then turn upside down to dip into the coarse salt (see this short video for reference)
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice cubes (you can also substitute a cocktail shaker for a mason jar, or any other cup with a secure lid)
- Pour in the lemon juice, lime juice, and agave nectar
- Add in 1/4-1 full dropper of Ladykind's Rise Up Daily Mind Clearing tincture (if you're a first-timer, we recommend starting with 1/4 of a dropper and working your way up)
- Shake for 20-30 seconds
- Put ice cubes in glasses
- Pour mixture from cocktail shaker into glasses
- Top with Topo Chico (or other preferred brand of carbonated water) and a lime garnish
Don't forget to send your pictures to us or tag us in your posts on Instagram @myladykind when you try these out.
Enjoy, and happy Cinco de Mayo!