When you think of cannabis, you probably associate it with the widely known experience of "getting high". However, the plant has so much more to offer than just that. There are 100+ chemical compounds that can be extracted from it, featuring a gamut of benefits to help you better tend to your mental and physical health.
Let's start with the basics.
The two most prevalent compounds in the hemp plant's composition are:
- THC - the one responsible for the intoxicating effects of "getting high".
- CBD - the one that works with your body's endocannabinoid system (ECS) to regulate your mood, cortisol production (aka stress), metabolism, sleep cycles, and pain sensations - with no psychoactive effects.
As new research on cannabis extracts becomes available and personal care brands continue to hop on its bandwagon, CBD is rightfully developing its own reputation in the health and wellness arena - notably in women's health. It's proven to be an effective aid for those who struggle with burdensome PMS or perimenopausal symptoms like painful cramps, mood swings, acne breakouts, hot flashes, and much more.
Ladykind exists to educate and support consumers in maturing their relationship to women's health. Our products and resources (like this blog) guide users on their journey of managing both physical and psychological nuisances from menstruation to menopause.
As you can imagine, we get tons of inquiries about CBD every day. So to serve our community right, we've decided to clear the air on fact vs. fiction as it pertains to your most frequently asked CBD questions. Let's get into it!
1. Will Ladykind's CBD products get me "high"?
CBD does not get you high. CBD is a non-psychoactive substance most effectively used when ingested (sublingually) or inhaled. You may notice sharpened focus, pain relief, or even like you're floating... but not intoxicated.
2. How do I use CBD?
CBD can be administered in many different ways. It can be:
- Ingested, via oils, tinctures, capsules, gummies, or edibles
- Inhaled, via flower or vape pens
- Applied topically, in the form of oil, cream, or lotion emulsions
- Injected, in the form of CBD suppositories
To get the most out of your CBD products, make a habit of using them daily. The consistency helps your body's ECS maintain a sustained balance - making the impact of pestering symptoms progressively manageable over time.
3. Is CBD legal?
Depends on where you are.
Although technically federally legal in the United States thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill, the legality of CBD differs upon state, as some have yet to remove it from their controlled substance acts. Before jetting off with your CBD products en tow, be sure check this guide published by Forbes Health to see if your domestic destination is CBD-friendly.
If you're traveling internationally, triple check the internet for updated CBD laws for the country you'll be visiting.
For more tips on traveling with your Ladykind products, check out our blog post - Everything You Need To Know About Traveling With CBD Oil.
4. What are the benefits of CBD? Why put it in Ladykind?
CBD is a ground-breaking, powerful ingredient whose healing benefits are rapidly unfolding. Many of its claims are still in the midst of discovery due to legal limitations and constraints, which until now have made it difficult for scientists to study. As early adopters in the field, Ladykind is at the forefront of this proceeding industry shift in health and personal care products.
As a brand dedicated to women's wellness, we encourage all Ladykind to cultivate healthier relationships with their bodies. There's a social stigma around talking openly about the female reproductive experience that wants us to sweep related topics under the rug while those affected suffer in silence. We intend to break that stigma by bringing taboo topics - like using CBD - to the table, and normalizing them through education and conversation.
We center CBD in our formulations because of its capability to assist with:
- Physical pain and inflammation
- Hormonal and metabolic regulation
- Chronically-irritated skin
- Irregular digestive functions
- Stabilizing mental health
- Reproductive health hindrances
5. What makes Ladykind's CBD products different from other CBD products?
There are different types of CBD extracts brands can choose from when formulating their products:
- Isolated CBD
- Broad spectrum CBD (includes CBD, as well as other potent cannabinoids CBN, CBG, and CBC)
- Full spectrum CBD (includes all compounds in broad spectrum CBD, plus up to a maximum of 0.3% THC (the legal limit)
Ladykind's CBD products always use broad spectrum CBD to give you the best of both worlds: the added benefits of all the dominant cannabinoids *without* the intoxicating effects of THC. Our hormone-balancing tinctures and pain relief topicals are fueled by broad spectrum CBD, ancient Ayurvedic herbs, alongside a host of other scientifically-proven active ingredients that support women's wellness.
We hold ourselves to sky-high standards that ensure nothing short of the purest, cleanest, finest quality products for our users. The Ladykind products are founded by a family of doctors and chemists, and backed by an advisory board of medical professionals and CBD experts. All products are created at our in-house lab by an industry-leading custom contract manufacturer in northern California.
As a part of Ladykind's commitment to clean beauty, everything we use - ingredients, raw materials, and packaging - is sustainably sourced from farm to formula. All formulations are free of GMOs, gluten, phthalates, parabens, sulfates, animal testing, and are always tested by an independent third party to confirm there is no trace of THC, pesticides, or any other impurities. Our products are manufactured in the United States at an FDA-registered facility that uses over 80% solar energy, and instructions for how to dispose of/recycle them are printed on the labels of each.
6. What does CBD feel like?
The feeling of CBD is subtle. It's almost a "noticing" rather than a "feeling".
Unlike smoking weed where the impact is felt almost instantly, Ladykind's CBD products differ in their gradual effect. The CBD experience can also differ according to the individual. It considers your genetics, unique body chemistry, weight, how much you've eaten before taking it, and how much of it you've consumed.
Once the effects settle in, you may notice:
- Relief from physical pain or discomfort
- Mood elevation or mental/emotional balance
- Increased focus
- Euphoric sensations, such as "floatiness" (feeling like you're floating or hovering)
7. What do people use CBD for?
Some common reasons you might tap into the power of CBD products for are:
- Pain relief from medical conditions such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis, migraines, PMS, sickle cell anemia, or joint pain
- As an anti-inflammatory for muscle pains, acne, psoriasis, or eczema
- Stress relief from anxiety, depression, and other mood disorders
- As a sleep aid for insomnia or for assisted relaxation
8. How do Ladykind's CBD products work?
Ladykind currently features two different types of CBD products: sublingual tinctures and topical creams. The tinctures are taken under the tongue and held for (ideally) 60 seconds before swallowing. This is the most effective way to take CBD, as it facilitates direct absorption into your bloodstream. Our topical Tough Love Period Pain Relief Cream can be applied to a specific area of the skin to target aches, pains, and menstrual cramps.
These products work with your body's endocannabinoid system by providing it a leg of support in regulating your hormones, reducing stress, and managing physical sensations during times of fluctuation. Order yours today at ladykind.com!